An Exciting Opportunity!
Phoenix Occupational Health is a family run business that provides all aspects of occupational health services to organisations and businesses across the UK.
Our services include management referrals, health surveillance, training and health promotion. Our clients cross a huge range of businesses, so the work will be varied, and you will experience a diverse caseload. This is a fast-paced busy company who are working towards SEQOHS and have a long-standing reputation for being forward thinking and providing high quality services.
We are very excited to be growing our business and we now need to add to our team. We are looking for an experienced Senior Occupational Health Nurse to report into our Occupational Health Nurse Lead and support the team by providing a high-quality Occupational Health Nursing service.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a Registered General Nurse Part 1 of the NMC Register. You will have at least 3 years previous experience in Occupational Health and must have or be working towards a qualification in Occupational Health. Consideration will be given to candidates who may not hold a qualification but have substantial O.H Experience.
- Provide expert, evidence-based case management services for referrals relating to attendance, fitness for work and other requests for Occupational Health advice
- Provide professional, comprehensive and evidence-based written reports. Strong case management and report writing is essential.
- Carry out pre-employment health screening and clearance of new starters to evaluate fitness to work and the potential effects of work on health.
- Undertake health screening procedures e.g., Spirometry, Audiometry, Safety Critical Medicals, HAVS assessments, Driver assessments, Drug and Alcohol testing.
- Evaluate the results of medicals and surveillance, and ensure that the correct advice in relation to fitness is communicated, liaising with senior team members where clinically appropriate
- Work collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams to ensure that client needs are met. But also have the ability to work independently.
- Collect, collate, and report information, maintaining accurate client records/documentation
- Lead on improvements in service and advancing knowledge within own clinical area/practice, by continually monitoring standards of care, and by identifying risks, benchmarking, audit and research
- Contribute to the content of policies, procedures and guidelines related to own clinical area/practice
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent attention to detail, be organised in their approach to work and be a strong communicator. We use IT systems in our work each day and so experience of using office 365 will be essential. Due to the nature of our work, we are looking for someone who is comfortable communicating in a variety of settings.
There is a requirement to travel up to an hour from Newcastle under Lyme (ST5), to work from client sites, as well as home working. A driving licence and your own car are essential.
We are a really busy team, and we are looking to welcome someone to the team that has a can-do attitude and help us to keep growing.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity and the salary for the position is in the region of £38,000 – £45,000 (depending on experience). This is a permanent role, 40 hours per week (inclusive of breaks) Monday – Friday. Consideration will be given to 3 – 4 days for the right candidate but the hours would still need to be 8 hours per day.
You will get
- A structured 4-week onboarding program
- 25 days annual leave per year
- Ongoing training
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com by 5pm on February 23rd 2022. Please note that we reserve the right to close this advert earlier.
First interviews will take place virtually on 2nd and 3rd of March 2022, with second interviews taking place w/c 7th March 2022
We look forward to hearing from you!